7:00 p.m. Temple Billiards

Present (20 of 33): Kyle Boyd, Paul Cox, Craig Dillon, Michael Dollard, Woody Favinger, Nick Gibson, Leann Johnson, Roberta King, Angelica Mendoza, Kris Mydske, Mark Nesteroff, Likkit Pocinwong, Brian Prouty, Jeff Randle, Erin Riley, Daniel Roe,
Stephanie Steiner, Hans Ulland, Kristina Vaughn, Lee White

Guest:   Jerry Neil

Next meeting:    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.

I. Call to order – Paul Cox

II. Roll call – Angelica Mendoza – 20 of 33 members present

III. Approval of minutes – Paul Cox – Motion to approve November minutes passed

IV. Council overview – Paul Cox

  • Schedule
    • First Tuesday of every month at 7:00 p.m.
    • Pioneer Square area (CenturyLink Field or SSFC FO or Clubhouse)
    • Additional optional meeting February 10 at 7:00 p.m. at SSFC FO
      • Introduction to Garth Lagerwey
      • Discussion re GM voting
  • Executive Committee roles
    • President
      • Main point of contact with FO
      • Preside over AC meetings
      • Ensure project progress
      • Lead annual EOY meeting
    • Vice President
      • Back-up President as needed
      • Advise President and Committee
    • Secretary
      • Keep minutes
      • Manage attendance and quorum count
      • Circulate agenda
      • Coordinate membership lists (e.g., Google and Facebook groups)
    • Two at-large members
      • Assist with AC leadership and projects
      • Established last year and worked well in driving AC forward
  • Nominations and elections
    • President – Stephanie Steiner nominated and elected unopposed
    • Vice President
      • Nominated: Daniel Roe, Lee White
      • Elected: Daniel Roe
    • Secretary – Angelica Mendoza nominated and elected unopposed
    • At-large members
      • Nominated: Kyle Boyd, Roberta King, Brian Prouty, Kristina Vaughn, Lee White
      • Elected: Kyle Boyd, Kristina Vaughn
  • Work groups
    • Opportunities to get involved and lead on projects
    • List may be updated throughout the season and over the years
    • Previous involvement to be renewed at next meeting and new groups created
    • All AC members asked to join at least one work group or create new project
    • List to be updated to include completed projects
    • AC profile work group (to create new questions and post to website): Mike Dollard, Angelica Mendoza, Brian Prouty, Daniel Roe, Kristina Vaughn
  • Open items
    1. Jock tag design – Jerry Neil
      • AC opportunity to design jock tag or neck tag for 2016 season third kit
      • Jock tag and City of Seattle logo design selected
      • Color to be altered to suit jersey
      • Sam Chesneau to contact representatives from Duwamish tribe for approval
  • Clubhouse fan display – Leann Johnson/Lee White
    • Museum/hall of fame for Clubhouse fan area
    • When facing storefront, area is on the right-hand side with windows facing the street
    • Starting nonprofit from scratch; mission statement completed, but still need name and logo
    • Long-term vision to include fan interaction, rotating display and greater SSFC involvement
    • Display will start small and grow over time
    • Rotating display of Washington State soccer history
    • Two name possibilities: Washington State Legends of Soccer or Washington Legends of Soccer (“Washington State” preferred per soft poll)
  • Open discussion
    1. CBA negotiations
      • In case of strike or lockout, will AC offer formal opinion?
      • AC represents fan interests; in position to voice opinion on behalf of fan base
      • Stress that strike or lockout should be resolved as soon as possible
      • AC to educate the fan base on what is happening
      • Challenging for AC to make statement without interacting with SSFC
      • Fans should be able to communicate with AC work group on CBA
        • Motion to create work group for CBA passed
        • Members: Kyle Boyd, Paul Cox, Woody Favinger, Nick Gibson, Kris Mydske
  • TBD times on schedule
    • Evening matches preferred over afternoon
    • Delay in setting standard start time given negotiations with television station(s)
    • Question re posting actual kickoff times
    • Concern re MatchPass benefits ending 30 minutes prior to listed versus actual kickoff
  • Adjournment – Motion to adjourn passed