7:00 p.m. Seattle Sounders FC Front Office

Present (22 of 32):  Kyle Boyd, Samuel Chesneau, Paul Cox, Craig Dillon, Michael Dollard,
Nick Gibson, Leann Johnson, Roberta King, Angelica Mendoza, Kris Mydske, Jerry Neil, Mark Nesteroff, Karl Picard, Likkit Pocinwong, Jeff Randle, Erin Riley, Daniel Roe, Stephanie Steiner, Hans Ulland, Kristina Vaughn, Kelly Weiler,
Lee White

Next meeting:    Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.

I. Call to order – Stephanie Steiner

II. Roll call – Angelica Mendoza – 22 of 32 members present (12 needed to establish quorum)

III. Approval of minutes – Stephanie Steiner – Motion to approve February minutes passed

 IV. Meeting overview – Stephanie Steiner

  • Suggestion to utilize Robert’s Rules of Order; preference for Robert’s as its more current
  • Review both Sturgis and Robert’s to decide which AC will utilize going forward
  • President to limit speakers who go on for too long or are redundant
  • Speakers to self-monitor and get to the point as quickly as possible
  • All commit to moving conversation forward

 V. Open items

a) Bio updates – Daniel Roe

  • Work group exchanged ideas and opted to update and streamline questions
    • Hometown
    • Years as STH
    • Soccer affiliations
    • Section in stadium
    • Favorite non-MLS club
    • Prematch ritual
  • March 20 deadline to submit bios; submit a new photo, otherwise old one will be used
  • Contact Me form removed; link to submit question to AC instead
  • Suggestion that when individual submits contact, should be able to indicate their section to route to closest AC member
  • Suggestion of one AC member assigned to each section to assist with administration of a Facebook page, ticket exchange and fan engagement
  • Content team may consider mini-interviews with members to use on AC portion of website

b) Work groups – Stephanie Steiner

  • Four primary work groups: visibility, GM vote proposal to ownership, Alliance membership, and supporter group recognition
    • Visibility team develops content, manages social media, drafts articles re process and members, and shares news re accomplishments
    • GM vote team develops proposal to ownership, and collects and shares content with visibility team
    • Alliance membership team determines criteria for membership, including half-season ticket holders, S2 STHs, and $125 buy-in
    • Supporter group recognition team creates a uniform process for recognition with deadlines, and guidelines for elimination of a group, etc.
  • Visibility team work load is mostly ongoing
  • Consider joining just one of the primary work groups and supplementing with smaller projects
  • Select a team leader and back-up, if designate is unable to continue

c) Work group reports

  • GM vote
    • Kyle Boyd (Lead), Kelly Weiler (back-up)
    • Develop timeline, solicit input and identify requests of SSFC
    • Connect with Drew Carey to discuss vision
  • Visibility
    • Roberta King (Lead), Michael Dollard and Kris Mydske (back-ups)
    • Nick Gibson to collect content
    • Priority is to update AC portion of website (correct information, logos, etc.)
    • Prioritize goals for the year
    • Request to meet with Shane Evans
  • Supporter group recognition
    • Mark Nesteroff (Lead), Daniel Roe (back-up)
    • Collaborate on content and funnel to visibility team
    • Timeline and outline for updates to Bylaw 7 to present at April meeting
    • Vote in June
    • Request form available via SSFC website for sign-up
  • Alliance membership – lead pending

d) Ticketing – Stephanie Steiner

  • Conversation on Facebook group and Twitter exchange re policy change for advance printing of tickets
  • Follow-up phone call with Ian Winklmann and Mikaela Purvis
  • Approximately 550 of all STH accounts (800 tickets) printed more than seven days in advance
  • Approximately 3-15 times per match, bar code is ineligible on printed ticket
  • Problem tickets are almost exclusively out of 800 printed more than seven days in advance
  • SSFC FO extremely willing to help anyone who needs access to their tickets in advance of seven-day window; ticket representative will assist
  • Forwarding may still occur at any time and is preferred, though cannot download or print until within seven days of match

VI. Statement to fans – Paul Cox

  • Should AC issue a statement re CBA negotiations?
  • Work group discussed and prepared statement for consideration
  • Binding resolutions and non-binding opinion statements voted on by entire Alliance
  • Both covered under Bylaws; must be brought to a meeting, SSFC provides input, and put out to vote by Alliance
  • Paul Cox, Nick Gibson and Woody Favinger presented proposed statement with motion to adopt as official statement on behalf of AC
  • Not in Bylaws to issue opinion on behalf of AC and not entire Alliance; Bylaw 3 discusses Alliance as a whole and not AC-only opinion
  • Suggestion to consider amending statement to make it clear that it is on behalf of AC only and not entire Alliance; risky for AC to make statement without actually polling the fans represented
  • General desire to make a statement, but it is neither prohibited nor provided for in the Bylaws
  • Note items to address and update in the Charter, Constitution, Bylaws, etc.
  • Motion to set a triggering mechanism (e.g., no agreement by 6:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, March 4) for when to issue statement passed (13 for, 1 against)
  • Motion for statement to be adopted with amendment failed (7 for, 11 against)

VII.  Adjournment – Motion to adjourn passed