Meeting Minutes: April 2014

6:30 p.m.  CenturyLink Field

Present (18 of 47): Samuel Chesneau, Cameron Collins, Paul Cox, Woody Favinger, Kevin Hughbanks, Roberta King, Angelica Mendoza, Pablo Mendoza, Jerry Neil, Derek Pells, Brian Prouty, Jeff Randle, Erin Riley, Stephanie Steiner, Brendan Vaughn, Kristina Vaughn, Kelly Weiler, Lee White

Next meeting:    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.

I. Call to order – Paul Cox

II. Roll call – Angelica Mendoza
a) 18 of 47 members present
b) 18 needed to establish quorum

III. Approval of minutes from last meeting – Paul Cox
a) Future meeting dates to be reflected in the minutes
b) March minutes approved

IV. Open items
a) Executive Committee – Paul Cox
• Executive Committee (EC) to operate on an ad hoc basis until Alliance makes official with approval of Constitution amendments
• Up to five EC members acceptable per FO
• Motion for four members failed (3 of 18)
• Motion for five members passed (15 of 18)
• Nominations
o Leann Johnson
o Stephanie Steiner
o Angelica Mendoza
o Brian Prouty
• Stephanie, Angelica and Brian elected

b) Council tasks – Stephanie Steiner
• Task list provided
• Up to five volunteers requested for each item
• Those not present to review list and join existing work group
c) Supporter group recognition – Samuel Chesneau
• Daniel Roe, Heather Satterberg and Sam participating in work group
• Bylaw 7 provides stipulations for supporter group (SG) recognition, though no formal process outlined
• Change in process must be introduced as an amendment to Bylaw 7
• February 28 deadline each year to request recognition renewal
• New applications approved by AC as liaison between fans and FO, though Council does not interfere with SG business
• Suggested implementation of online application form outlining mission, number of members, points of contact, relevance to SSFC, etc.
• Goal to design solid recognition process so that it’s not an issue for future ACs
• Work group to report back at May meeting and inquire with FO re any suggestions

d) FO guest speakers – Roberta King
• Roberta working to secure speakers, and collect questions beforehand to allow for preparation
• Megan West (Match Pass) and Shelly Peterson (Game Day Presentation) suggested

e) Alliance table – Leann Johnson
• Contact Leann to volunteer to assist
• Topic tabled to May meeting

f) 2015 STH benefits – Brian Prouty
• More volunteers needed to assist as part of work group
• One group is established, survey will go out to AC for ideas
• If items need to be ordered too soon given 2015 season deadlines, ideas to be shifted to 2016

V. Open discussion
a) Fred Mendoza – Paul Cox
• Paul met with Fred; attorney involved in bid for 1994 World Cup and instrumental in building of stadium
• Member of Board of Directors for Public Stadium Authority (PSA), which oversees stadium operations
• Five years left on current lease
• Fred not concerned about Seahawks/SSFC split, and believes it will be good to allow focused effort on SSFC
• Willing to talk with AC at future meeting
• Doesn’t believe taxpayers will support a second stadium as the first passed by a narrow margin
• PSA involved with installation and removal of football lines on field; system proposed with roll-away turf, if not real grass

b) Match Pass
• Some have experienced issues with match passes (e.g., incorrect names or unable to scan)
• Jerry Neil to lead Match Pass efforts and interact with FO on issues
• Roberta King and Lee White to assist on work group

c) Future meeting dates – Paul Cox
• May 3 – meeting with SSFC ownership (time/location TBD)
• May 13 – AC meeting at 7:00 p.m. (location TBD)
• Will request parking pass for all meetings at CenturyLink
• Request for Drew Carey to be present at year-end meeting; AC to offer scheduling flexibility to accommodate

VI. Adjournment
Motion to adjourn passed

Meeting Minutes: March 2014

3:00 p.m.  CenturyLink Field
Present (29 of 47):    Kyle Boyd, Samuel Chesneau, Paul Cox, Michael Dollard, Matthew Goecks, Kevin Hughbanks, Leann Johnson, Roberta King, Angelica Mendoza, Pablo Mendoza, Greg Mockos, Rachel Molloy, Randy Nunez, Matt Oak,
Derek Pells, Brian Prouty, Erin Riley, Daniel Roe, Heather Satterberg, Stephanie Steiner, Patrick Van Der Hyde, Dylan Vanderhoof, Brendan Vaughn, Kristina Vaughn, Kelly Weiler, Lee White, Brian Winchester, Mark Winchester, Kevin Zelko

Guest:   Bart Wiley

Next meeting:    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.

Call to order – Paul Cox

Roll call – Angelica Mendoza

  • 29 of 47 members present (15 to establish quorum)
  • Introduction of new Councilmembers

Approval of minutes from last meeting – Paul Cox

  • Draft to be distributed to AC within one week of meeting
  • Approved draft posted to AC website once created
  • Formal approval at following meeting
  • Final minutes to replace draft on AC website once created
  • February minutes approved

Open items

  • Meeting schedule – Paul Cox
    • Poll distributed and ranking available for review
    • Meetings to take place the second Tuesday of each month from 7-9pm
    • Future dates: April 15, May 13, June 10, July 8, August 12, September 9, October 14 and November 11
    • Passed motion to reschedule November 11 meeting to November 18
  • Executive Committee – Paul Cox
    • Currently two members on EC; may add up to three more
    • Secretary currently not part of EC per the Constitution; suggested that this be changed before full Alliance votes to ratify Constitution
    • AC authorizing EC, though not official until Constitution ratified
    • EC members to be liaisons to AC work groups
    • Unanimous agreement to table topic and discuss at April meeting
  • Website beta testing – Paul Cox
    • Feedback from early testing returned to FO
    • Transitioned over to new platform
      • Some links broken and items missing
      • Google results point to old platform
    • Contact Taylor Graham with questions or additional feedback
    • Forum will eventually be phased-out
    • Separate AC site to be created and linked from SSFC site
  • 40th Anniversary – Paul Cox
    • Continue submitting suggestions to Shelly Roberts and Taylor
    • Anniversary merchandise now available in Pro Shop
      • More merchandise may be produced based on early season sales
      • Patch still desired
    • Tunnel display up and available for viewing post-meeting
  • New business
    • 2014 Council tasks – Stephanie Steiner
      • Handout of work list through 2019
      • Organization to allow us to gather volunteers and make progress on action items
      • List integrates natural progression of AC, new membership, etc.
      • 3-4 Councilmembers work on a project and report back to full AC
      • Stephanie to distribute handout via Facebook page and email; Angelica to load to Google drive
      • Review and determine item(s) you wish to work on for discussion at April meeting
  • Supporter group recognition – Daniel Roe
    • All recognized supporter groups must ask for renewal each year from AC
    • Emerald City Supporters, Gorilla FC, and Eastside Supporters requesting renewal
    • AC needs to clarify how recognition is obtained and renewed
    • Dan and Samuel Chesneau to work on defining process
  • FO guest speakers – Roberta King
    • Taylor willing to set-up FO speakers during weekday meetings
    • Roberta to generate list of speakers and job functions, and collect questions in advance so that speakers may prepare responses
    • Regular time to be set aside on monthly agenda for speakers to discuss what they do and how best to interact with them
    • 20-30 minute discussion maximum with opportunity to go off of the record, if needed
  • Alliance Council table – Leann Johnson
    • AC table at stadium prior to matches for increased exposure
    • Opportunity for Alliance to submit comment cards
    • Taylor willing to help coordinate at CenturyLink
    • Each Councilmember to volunteer for at least one match per season
    • FO to assist with giveaways
    • Leann to create schedule and solicit sign-ups from AC
  • 2015 STH benefits – Brian Prouty
    • Opportunity to be more innovative, work with Club, and provide greater benefits to STHs
    • Brian to research other clubs, lead work group in suggesting benefits/rewards program, and present ideas to FO
    • Loyalty benefits and points used for merchandize or experiences
    • Group authorized; four volunteers to be selected from Samuel Chesneau, Matt Goecks, Greg Mockos, Kelly Weiler, Brian Winchester, Mark Winchester, and Kevin Zelko
  • Sounders FC 2.0 – Bart Wiley
    • Bart discussed SSFC 2.0 and decision to split from Seahawks organization
    • Seamless transition expected for fans
    • New opportunities for AC to interact with FO
    • Submit ideas for Fan Innovation Center to Bart
    • Open to ideas re Match Pass and match-day experience; contact Shelly with suggestions
  • Adjournment

Motion to adjourn passed

 

Meeting Minutes: February 2014

6:00 p.m.  CenturyLink Field

Present (25 of 44): Samuel Chesneau, Cameron Collins, Paul Cox, Michael Dollard, Woody Favinger , Leann Johnson, Roberta King, Angelica Mendoza, Greg Mockos, Kris Mydske, Jerry Neil, Randy Nunez, Matt Oak,
Likkit Pocinwong, Brian Prouty, Daniel Roe, Heather Satterberg, Stephanie Steiner, Patrick Van Der Hyde, Dylan Vanderhoof,  Kristina Vaughn, Kelly Weiler, Glenn White, Mark Winchester,  Brian Winchester

Guests: Taylor Graham, Shelly Peterson

Next meeting: TBD

I.       Introductions – Paul Cox

II.     Officer Elections – Paul Cox

  • President – Paul Cox (unopposed)
  • Vice President – Daniel Roe (unopposed)
  • Secretary
    • Roberta King and Angelica Mendoza nominated
    • Angelica elected

III.    Away Ticket Allocation – Taylor Graham

  • Plan proposed for PDX and VAN away match ticketing
    • Allocation amount the same as 2013 season
    • All tickets offered first to supporter groups with cutoff date to purchase of three weeks prior to the match
    • Any remaining tickets at three weeks prior offered to season ticket holders
      • Taylor developing a plan for distributing tickets online to be printed by purchaser
      • Available on first-come, first-served basis
      • Notice re general admission, obstructed views, early entrance/late exit, etc. to be provided to all purchasers
    • Council passed motion to have the Club handle PDX and VAN away match ticketing as described

IV.   Old Business

  1. Sounders 40th Anniversary – Likkit Pocinwong
  • Likkit, Daniel Roe and Glenn White designed anniversary patch
    • Will be applied to all third kits
    • Design is protected as created in-house and FO supported
  • FO in process of selecting fan quotes and photos for tunnel display gathered from #SFC40 social media campaign
  • Third kit and anniversary apparel will be available in the ProShop next week
  • A memory will be presented at every match (e.g., a player, moment or fan)
  • Official celebration will take place during the October 10 match versus VAN
  • Videotapes and 16 mm film since 1976 have been secured
    • Will be reviewed for use throughout celebration
    • Will be digitized and archived properly
  • Retro jerseys were not possible based on commercial guidelines of the League and inability to mass produce in eight months
  • Submit any ideas to Shelly Peterson and/or Likkit for consideration
  • Third kit will launch on March 3 at special ProShop event for VIPs
  • Question raised re Joe Roth funding new banners to go up in the stadium; Taylor to investigate
  1. Constitution and Bylaws Amendments – Cameron Collins
  • Proposed amendments were presented at November Council meeting
  • Cameron presented redlined version for review
  • President, Vice President and Secretary positions only as we do not have a budget to warrant a Treasurer
  • Roberta King will send typographical and grammatical changes to Cameron
  • Roberta presented a number of substantive amendments
  • Motion to package amendments from both Cameron and Roberta as one and accept as presented unanimously passed
  • Point of order raised re sufficient number to constitute quorum
    • 24 of 44 members present for vote
    • Quorum established
  1. Council Voting Website – Leann Johnson/Daniel Roe
  • Site updated to prevent additional votes once threshold of 25 is met
  • Noticed issue with viewing via Internet Explorer
  • Any member bio updates to be provided to Daniel by February 28
  1. Alliance Logo – Daniel Roe
  • Glenn White presented a resolution to remove Root Sports from the Alliance logo
  • Resolution passed last season
  • FO updated logo without further Council involvement

Motion to adjourn and move New Business items to March meeting passed